Friday, October 31, 2003

Happy Halloween

Hello everyone. Hope you’re having a great Halloween. The fireworks are in full effect here in Belfast. I’ve got a lovely view of them all here from our mountain. Suzanne got back from Holiday late last night and Peter is expected back tomorrow. I woke up about 11:00, cleaned the kitchen, then took a nap until about 2:30. I hurried up and phoned and taxi and got ready while I waited for it. I was meant to catch a train at 3:30. I went down to a small town called Lurgan to meet a friend called Gavin. He is from Lurgan, but currently lives in London. He was in town for a few days to visit his family. We had a good time and he got drunk off two pints (sorry, mate) and I took the express train back to Belfast. We ran into one of Gavin’s nephews randomly on the street, and he came to the pub with us, which was good fun. Oh and after the pub, the nephew left and Gavin and I had some absolutely gorgeous chips! Yummy. (For my American friends, chips means fries, and they are a way of life here.)

I came back to Belfast via Botanic station, which is in Jay’s neighborhood, so I rang him up and paid him a visit. He was getting ready to go out for another ‘lad’s night out’. I told him every night out is a lad’s night out! Anyhow, I don’t know if I mentioned this, but Jason and I are friends. I was mad for a few days and made a cathartic web page (see October 28th) and then I was over it. I’m glad that we’re friends and I hope we stay so for a really long time.

After Jay’s it was back to my house and I watched a bit of the fireworks, had a soup and sandwich and here I am. My throat is killing me, though, and I’m finding it difficult to swallow properly (no comments from the peanut gallery, please.) I was thinking about how often I winge and moan on here, but then again, this is a journal thing. Gavin was intrigued by my whole site and the premise of an online journal, and it started out as pragmatic, but it’s turned to something else. Making the page about me and Jay breaking up was the best therapy I could’ve had. Putting the England section on there felt great, and I kept going on and looking at it. It’s like my personal scrapbook. I want to add more and more and then I can clearly look at what I’ve done, what I’ve felt and what I thought when I was going through it all.

That’s more than I ever expected to get from doing a silly web site!

Hope all is well with everyone.

Lots of love, Sabrina
(the teenage witch mwuahahaha) :-)

No comments: