Sunday, October 19, 2003

Hanging with Jay

I spent all day at Jay's house.  It was nice to be off the mountain, and since he is centrally located, I could walk to shops and stuff while he was working on his Master's work.  It was nice.  I finally got to go to a charity shop - the Cancer Research shop.  Funny, that is the place I worked for in London the first time I went.  Anyhow, the charity shops are really small here, so the prices are a bit high, so I just got some wee toys to put on the bus for the kids.  I also found a Halloween color-in for the wee ones, but I needed a photocopier to make copies, but of course, there is not a photocopier to be found in Belfast on a Sunday.  In the end, I took some booklets from a video store called Xtravision, b/c they had a coloring contest thing in them.  :-)

Now I am cooking some french fries and I'm going to make a veggie burger.  Jay and his housemates ordered pizza, but Jay failed to mention to them that I don't eat meat, so there was none for me :-(

Somehow, slowly, but surely, I have managed to spend a lot of money this weekend.  All I really wanted to spend money on was my photos that I wanted to pick up from the pharmacy, but the two times I've gone, they've been closed :-( Doh! Now I probably can't even afford to pick them up!

Just have to make it through this week, then I'm on holiday for a week, yippee!  I am going to Enniskillen, which is an area with lakes and it's supposed to be really pretty and all, so that should be nice.  This week at work, we'll be doing the Halloween celebrations with the after school kids, so if you have any cool Halloween activity ideas, please let me know!

Well, I think my fries are done, so I'll be off. 

Hope all is well.

Lots of love,
Sabrina :-)


Random site of the day 
My housemate Peter's web page 
Northern Ireland Tourist Board 
A paper about Quaker Cottage 
Some photos of the cottage 

This was pasted in from my old geocities blog on 2/28/13, which is archived here.

No comments: