Sunday, October 12, 2003

Driving Lesson & Shopping

I had my second driving lesson in the bus. This time, though, I drove Wee Bessie, which is not as wide as Sunny Boo, the bus I drove yesterday. It’s easier for me to handle in that way, then, but the clutch is a bit funny, and my driving instructor said (based on his driving it) that he thinks there may be something wrong with it. That’s all fine with me, b/c I’d rather contend with that clutch that the wideness of big old Sunny Boo.

Anyhow, we drove all over the place, and I was really feeling good about it. I told him about how I always had a small car at home and if people there could see me driving this big old stick shift bus on the other side of the road, they wouldn’t believe their eyes! Hill starts are definitely my weak point, but I just have to practice at it. I’m quite content with my progress. First I learned how to drive a stick, in the car I was comfortable in. I also learned how to drive on the other side of the road. Now I’m learning how to drive a bus that is a stick. I feel like it’s just lots of bits to learn that just get put together bit by bit.

As soon as I got home from the driving lesson, me and the roomies hopped back onto Wee Bessie (Suzanne insisted on the front seat, which was a bit weird) and went to pick up Peter’s German friends and all go to Tesco. Yippee. I spent a whopping £16 on groceries, which is the most I’ve spent since I’ve been here, but £5 was on a special shampoo and I bought like body wash and whatever.

Hope all is well.

Lots of love,
Sabrina :-)


Give us some of yer banter!

On 2/28/13, this was pasted in from my old geocities page, which is archived here.

No comments: