Saturday, October 25, 2003

Jason Weightlifting

Jay weightlifting (this was at another competition)
Today I went to watch Jason compete in a weightlifting competition at Jordanstown University.  I took a cab to the train station b/c my housemates weren't going out to the city until later and I wanted to be sure I caught the earlier train so I would be there in time to watch Jay lift.  So, I called and ordered a taxi an hour before I needed it and told them what time my train was, and we worked out a time for them to get here. 

The taxi showed up fifteen minutes late.  I phoned at the ten minute mark and they said it was on its way.  He shows up and then hits a dip in the mountain, curses, stops and gets out to look at his car; then goes the long way off the mountain and poof...I miss my train.  I was so upset, b/c I felt horrible that I might miss Jay lift. He had phoned earlier in the day to make sure I knew which train I needed and all that.  Anyhow, I waited an hour for the next train and I made it alright in the end.  I saw Jay lift, and he did really well.  Way to go, Jay! :-)

I just finished eating Chicago Style Pizza.  Yummy.  If you remember, I wrote in one of my first entries that I had bought Chicago Style Pizza for a laugh, but now I bought it b/c it's the only good pizza I've had since I've been here! 

Tomorrow I am going to the Ulster Orchestra with some children from the Family Centre.  I'll let you all know how it goes.

Hope all is well.

Lots of love,
Sabrina :-)

No comments: