Tuesday, October 14, 2003

Chewing Gum & Skeletons

Well, today I had the great pleasure of sitting on chewing gum. Yes, if you’ve experienced this pleasure, you know what I’m talking about. Nothing like getting a big load of gum on your nice clean jeans. And when your jeans take three days to dry by hanging on the rack, that’s just an extra kick in the butt! Ah well, it’s just part of the joy of working with kids. In their defense, though, I should say that the gum was on the floor, not on a chair or anything, but still, gum should go in the bin, am I right? Sure, I am.

So, with the wee ones we made some skeletons. The problem with making skeletons with wee ones is that at least one of you should know where the bones go. Secondly, we had to make the connecting holes for them and put in the wee fasteners, because it was all too much for their little hands. One girl was complaining that her hands hurt from just cutting out all the bones.

Tonight I was supposed to go to my counselling course at the local university, but I didn’t go. For one, we didn’t get out of work until about quarter to seven (the course starts at seven). Secondly, I couldn’t get a ride; Peter wouldn’t give me one and I can’t afford another taxi cab this week. Third, I have developed the beginnings of a “changing of the seasons” cold and all I really wanted to do was go to sleep, which is exactly what I did, at about half seven (7:30). I couldn’t even be bothered to make myself dinner. However, when the phone woke me up at what seemed like the middle of the night (11:00 p.m.) my stomach was growling, so I had a bowl of Cocoa Rice cereal. I was not happy with the cereal. I expected it to be like Cocoa Krispies or whatever it’s called, but it was not. I mean, sure it is a knock off brand, from Lidl, which is just like Aldi, but still, I was unpleasantly surprised with what was going on in my mouth. I forged ahead, though, determined to make the rumbling in my stomach cease, and finished off at least half of the bowl, like the trooper I am :-)

Hope all is well.

Lots of love,
Sabrina :-)

On 2/28/13, this was pasted in from my old geocities blog, which is archived here.

No comments: