Thursday, September 11, 2003

Doctor

September 11, 2003

Hello everyone!

Well, I’m still sick, so I went to the dr. today. It was free, which is nice. The doc said I have a chest infection, which I likely caught on the plane, and this infection has triggered my asthma. Okay, doc, so what about the nose business going on? Oh, that’s probably from a head cold, he laughs, presumably at my bad luck. The doctor was nice and tested my breathing on the peak flow thingie and I couldn’t get that stupid needle to go far at all, so he let me do it again, and then again, and then realized, hey, that’s all I got. Then he listened with the stethoscope having me breathe in and out over and over and then said, okay, that’s all, if we do anymore you might fall over. Needless to say, I had a lot crap in my lungs and a lot of my breathe-outs were coughs.

The doctor didn’t take my temperature, so I asked, “do you have a thermometer?” He produced one and told me to take it under my arm. I asked, “are you sure?” Ahhh, gotta love Americans. So my temperature was 36.99 degrees…celcius. At first I thought, my god, I’m frozen! ;-)

Yeah, so that’s fun. I got some amoxycillin and a steroid inhaler. Woohoo! I was all ready to pay the bargain price of £6.30 each, then I found out I didn’t have to pay at all. That was nice.

I was then able to buy some bread, butter, cheese, milk and soup. Yippee!

I saw the kids coming in on the van, and I saw my little Kieran (the adorable baby from my first day). I wanted to go play with him so bad, but best not give him my nice infection. Soon enough I’ll be back in the swing of things. (Hopefully!)

Pasted in from archived geocities page 8/21/14
http://sabrinigreen.geo.do/september.html

No comments: