Friday, September 26, 2003

Driving lesson and Jay's house

September 26, 2003
Thank Goodness it’s Friday!

Had my second driving lesson today.  Went very well.  I drove all over Belfast.  I’m getting the hang of the gears now, so that’s good.  I keep getting a little too close to the curb, though, b/c I’m not used to having to allow for space on my left (b/c the steering wheel is on the other side of the car). 

The driving instructor dropped me off near Jay’s place, and I visited with him for a few hours.  I had wanted to take a shower before I went over there b/c I smelled like baby puke, but I didn’t have time, so oh well.  I went straight from work to my driving lesson, to Jay’s.  I stopped at a store to buy a sandwich (when it’s 5:00 p.m. and you haven’t had lunch, you tend to get a little hungry) but the only vegetarian one they had was egg and tomato.  Now, I don’t like egg, but I was REALLY hungry, so I thought I’d be able to grin and bear it, but no.  It is now sitting here on my kitchen counter and maybe Peter, my German housemate, will eat it.

We are having a “gathering” here at the house tonight.  Peter’s friends just arrived.  Suzanne’s friends will be arriving soon.  They called about twenty minutes ago from the airport.  My friend is not coming b/c he is tucked away in bed as he has an important appointment very early tomorrow morning. 

I will be going to sleep very soon, as I have to get up early for my trip to Giant’s Causeway.  I have to be at the hostel at 9:00 a.m.  Better get some shut eye. 

Lots of love,
Sabrina :-)

Pasted in from archived geocities page 8/21/14
http://sabrinigreen.geo.do/september.html

No comments: