Saturday, September 13, 2003

Sunrise

September 13, 2003

It’s 6:33 a.m and I just watched the sun come up. I went outside on the mountain when it was completely dark, and the sun comes up so slowly, you can’t even notice the difference until one minute you realize, hey, it’s not dark anymore. I want to wait and see when the night view becomes the day view, that is to say, when do you no longer see the lights, but instead see the buildings. I didn’t have the patience to stand out there that long, and frankly, it can get a bit scary on top of a mountain at sunrise. I am looking out my window, though, at the city below, and at this point, I still see the lights. Will that, too, happen so slowly, I won’t notice until after it’s happened? I’ll miss the change in the blink of an eye?

What am I doing up so early, you ask? Well, I never properly fell asleep for the night. I just kind of dozed in and out. For some reason, I couldn’t bear to turn out my bed - room light as well. I thought I had gotten over that sort of thing, but sickness, I think, tends to highlight your vulnerabilities.

Pasted in from archived geocities page on 8/21/14
http://sabrinigreen.geo.do/september.html

No comments: