Sunday, September 28, 2003

Course and "Id"

September 28, 2003
My driving lesson this afternoon went really well!  I drove up the mountain and I learned how to do a down hill start.  It was super.  I was going around round abouts and making right turns.  I am still getting too close to the curb on the passenger side, though.  Oh well, I’ll just have to keep practicing.

Our houseguests are still here.  And I hate to say it, but they don’t know how to flush a toilet.  I mean I know British and Irish toilets are a bit tricky and all, but if you can’t get it, ask the person with whom you’re staying.  Geez louise.  Every time I go into the WC there is another surprise waiting for me in the toilet. 

Right now my housemates and their guests are somewhere on the mountain having a picnic.  Hope they watch out for the surprises the cows have waiting for them!  
I couldn’t go b/c I had my driving lesson.  It is a beautiful day, though.  I really, really need to do laundry and I was hoping to hang out with Jay since I will be on residential next week, but he is moving today.  I think I’ll just be going out to look at the view from up here on the mountain every now and again.  It is not what you do, but what you enjoy.  I enjoy the simple pleasures in life. 

I’m considering taking a course at Queen’s University here in Belfast. It is a Counselling course that meets on Tuesday nights.  I will miss the first class b/c of residential, but I phoned them up and they said that will be okay.  Come to think of it, I’ll have to go down to the university tomorrow to hand in my enrolment form and my payment.  Since I am poor, it will be £25.  It meets for 10 weeks, I do believe.  It is focused on Carl Rogers and the person centered approach.  I studied this in psychology and it is was quite good.  It will be interesting to study it more in depth.  This is at the lifelong learning centre, so you don’t need specific qualifications or whatever. 

After having loads and loads of sleep yesterday, I feel rested today.  After I wrote on my website about having gotten up at noon, I ate and then went back to sleep until 4:45 p.m.  I spent the rest of the day in and out of bed.  It was lovely.  I was thinking that on weekends, I’m all about the “id” and that, for me, means sleeping a lot. 
Today, though, that means staying close to home, enjoying the view and taking care of myself.

See you soon.
Lots of love,
Sabrina :-)

Pasted in from archived geocities page 8/21/14
http://sabrinigreen.geo.do/september.html

No comments: