Tuesday, September 16, 2003

Hurtful World

September 16, 2003

I cried today because on of the girls we work with seems so psychologically disturbed, I don't know if we can help her.  I just became overwhelmed with all that's wrong and hurtful in the world, and specifically here in Belfast and felt like we are fighting a losing a battle.   I began thinking again about how I want to found a social helping organization and better formulating the specifics in my head.  I want all the aspects from customer service of businesses.  There's no reason someone should have to wait eight hours at an emergency room (like I did) or have to wait for months to receive psychological care or whatever it is they need.   Anyhow, so I want it to be a private organization, and I want people to be able to come in, sit and chat one on one with someone about all the things they may need and be able to file all the necessary paperwork in one sitting, instead of going here and there and waiting, etc.   I also want the quality of care to be the utmost highest.  Like instead of a free clinic, get doctors to either donate services to a set number of clients, or use our funds to pay them. That's the idea I have thus far.  Let me know if you have any further suggestions on how to get this to come to fruition.  

Pasted in from archived geocities page 8/21/14
http://sabrinigreen.geo.do/september.html

No comments: