Wednesday, September 10, 2003

Sick and learning to drive

September 10, 2003

I am sick today and stayed in. I just popped over to see the after school group. Today was 11-15 year olds. they made me a get well card! How sweet is that? I just have a sore throat and phlegm (yucky!) in my chest. I'm just trying to rest and let my body fight this thing, whatever it is.

On a more positive note, I drove today! My boss's boss was here today and he used to be a driving
instructor, so he took me out. At first, they didn't think I'd be up for it, but I wasn't going to pass up a
lesson by a pro. I was driving all over the Tesco parking lot, going all the way up to fourth gear and back down again. It was nice. He said that since he can't come out to give me lessons, he's going to tell Grant (the Centre director) to set me up with driving lessons (to learn how to drive a stick) so that I'll be confident (and skilled) enough to be driving kids in a month. I'm excited!

Pasted in from archived geocities page 8/21/14

No comments: