Sunday, May 30, 2004

This page talks about quotes that help thru life. I was doing a search for the Einstein quote about doing the same things over again and expecting different results and came across that page. I was looking for the Einstein quote because it seems to be what so many people do, and that is what is happening here on the estate on which I'm working. They want change, they want youth to be happy, thereby not busting out windows or setting things on fire, but they don't like doing new things to make that change happen. They really want Olka and I to keep doing the things that were done before, that made no difference. Why the hell did you recruit two people from different countries, having them bring their lives, knowledge and expertise to this estate in Salford and just carry on doing what you have been doing for years? It doesn't make sense.

Anyhow, I haven't written in awhile b/c I pulled a muscle in my back and was bed ridden. :-( I couldn't even open the door for the doctor when she came and had to drop the keys out of my bedroom window! She gave me some painkillers, though, and then I was able to make my way down the hall to the toilet with an ounce of dignity. Before, I would crawl if I could get myself up that far, or else sliver like a snake. Yeah, not a whole lot of dignity going on there!

It's Bank Holiday weekend, yippee! In America, this weekend is the unofficial start of Summer. Here in Britain, it seemed to be back on May Day, or the first bank holiday during the first week of May.

So, I have applied for admission to the University of Ulster, Magee Campus, for the MA in Peace and Conflict Studies. I've only sent it off a week and a half ago, so I've not heard anything. Fingers crossed...

Well I've got a lot of entertainment gossip to catch up on, so I'll catch you all later!

Love,
Sabrina :-)

No comments: