Thursday, May 13, 2004

Okay, so the committee meeting last night was a battle indeed. Complete with shouting matches, expletives and tears, it was a spectacle for sure. And at the centre of it was me. The tears were mine as the shouting and expletives were directed my way. I have to say, though, that it was two people against me (who are married to one another) and the rest supported me, so that's good. Other than that, it was actually a productive meeting. I was very proud that the volunteers I recruited are now already in officer positions. I also recruited another committee member whose children are in the group. Strangely enough, I repeatedly woke myself up last night because I was LAUGHING in my sleep. Really bizarre. Of course, at the time of the shouting, I was tempted to tell them to take this job and shove it, but I decided I'd wait to make a big decision until I was calmer and I decided to stick with it. The kids have no idea that this sort of stuff goes on and they are happy as ever with the work I am doing with them. That is what makes me stay. I realize that I am not a person that blends in with the woodwork. I have a strong personality and I have a strong desire for social change. I will always stick to my beliefs and stick up for them, no matter who decides they want to shout and swear at me. Bring it on.

No comments: