Sunday, June 18, 2006

To Dads, with love

Happy Father's Day! Mom and Dad are out having breakfast. I have to check my car and see if I actually remembered to bring Dad's present. D'oh! Everyone seems to be running these really sappy commercials about Dads that are both annoying and make me want to cry! (not b/c of their annoyance, but b/c of their poignance) Nothing like a good guilt trip and pulling at the heart strings to make people spend money (I thought that was reserved for Christmas)!

The little boys (pugs) are sleeping, the big boy is sleeping (hung over) and I'm thinking about going back to bed. Since Mom was kind enough to tackle the Dad breakfast task, I have some time to kill. I really do have it easy, without kids and such. Dad had three kids by the time he was my age. One of them was approaching their teenage years (that was me), and his black hair very soon turned gray. Poor guy. I love you, Dad, Happy Father's Day! :-)

No comments: