Thursday, June 15, 2006

Sleepy time

We went to the pool today which was super fun. I took a group of residents to the local Y and we did some water walking and aquacise and plain old splashing around, which was cool. I'm so sleepy now, b/c I feel like I've been in a warm bath. The water was 85 degrees.

It has been shaping up to be a busy summer at work. Tomorrow we go back to the Y for Bingo, which is an all day affair. I have to take one bus load clear across town, drop them off, drive back and pick up another bus load and do it again after Bingo's over. There are also free concerts on certain evenings and we are going to continue to go swimming every week. It's a lot to get in when there's only one person running the whole department. It's fun, though.

I feel like I have so much free time now that I don't talk to Mike or Ronan anymore. As much as I didn't think they were interfering with my life, I can now see that they were. My friend pointed out that I wasn't likely to meet anyone else while my time and energy was wrapped up in them, and she was right. It's only been a couple of weeks since I talked to Mike, but it feels like forever, and that's a good thing. It really is hard to imagine going back to that way of life - being consumed with people who just talk a lot of smack and do absolutely nothing to back it up.

I can't believe I just wrote "smack"! What is going on with me? :-)

Well, I got majorly screwed at work the other day. I did all the leg work to get this grant for a new piece of medical equipment and I wasn't even invited to the ceremony! I only found out about it the day before (the ceremony) and was told the nurse was giving a speech. I asked why she was giving it and not me and they said it was b/c it was medical equipment, which is understandable. Then I said, well what time is it, I still would like to go. Silence. Umm, I didn't put your name down and it's reservation only. WHAT??? I initiated the entire process, got the application, asked the nurse what she needed, wrote the grant, got quotes from the medical equipment company, turned everything in and I'm not invited!!!! Wow. I was pissed and I could tell the director was thinking, "shit, I forgot about her!" C'est la vie, I suppose. You win some, you lose some. I don't know, something like that.

Father's Day is this weekend. My family and friends are having a cookout, but I won't be attending b/c there is a wedding at work on Saturday. Two of our residents are tying the knot. Maybe I'll go after the ceremony...we'll see.

Getting more settled here in my new city. Got a table for my kitchen and a toaster oven. Registered with a doctor here. Signed up for a scrap (book) night at a local scrapbook store. Slowly but surely.

My lease is ending soon and my landlords have offered another lease, this time for a year. I've accepted, but we haven't signed anything yet.

The feeling of the "warm bath" doesn't seem to be going away, so I better succumb to it. Later gators! ;-)


No comments: