Sunday, November 23, 2003

Just got off the phone with Jay. I don’t know how or what I feel right now, but it’s something. He mentioned being uncomfortable about coming here now that Ronan is in the picture, yet talks like he’s totally fine about everything. I mean, as he should be. After all, it was he who did not have the ‘deeper’ feelings for me. Yet, why do I care? Why am I even thinking about this all in the first place? It was really important to me that we hang out today, b/c it would actually be the first time we saw each other since I met Ronan. That, to me, was an important step in our friendship. Getting past that point. Getting past the awkwardness, getting used to the fact that we no longer kiss goodbye, that our hugs are different, that we won’t be having sex…..

But we didn’t hang out today. Maybe next week. Maybe not. Who fucking knows. He was insistent on us being friends, and I quickly came around to share this opinion. All the bullshit aside, we are friends and I want us to stay that way.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am out of cough drops and that does not make me happy. Ronan was nice enough to bring me two packets, which I have used all up! You see, now, if I were at home I could just mosey on down to one of several twenty four hour Walgreens’ locations and rectify the situation, but no, I am atop a mountain with no car and very few venues from which to choose. One Tesco on the other side of Belfast and a few petrol stations are all that are open at this time on a Sunday in Belfast. I really am a city girl.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried to scan the photo of Ronan and me at the mall, but the scanner in the Cottage is having issues. I’ll have to have Peter take a look at it. Don’t think he’ll be hopping right to it, though, so it could be awhile before I get that photo on here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I really want to get my first aid certificate. I have some information I collected off hotcourses ages ago, so I need to follow that up with some phone calls and a chat with Sharon. I also need to find out the dates of the newspaper crafts course at the Play Resource. I got that one all cleared with Sharon, but now I can’t find the course listing. Speaking of which, I can’t find the SIM card Ronan brought for me this weekend. I was messing around with my phone and wanted to give it another go, only to find (to my despair) that the SIM card was not in its little packet. I thought maybe Ronan had taken it with him for some reason, but he said he hadn’t, so I checked on the table and the floor around there, but to no avail. How annoying.

Peter, Eva and some other random German people are sitting in the kitchen speaking German. I walked in the room and they all stopped talking suddenly. That’s not unnerving or anything….


No comments: