Tuesday, November 25, 2003

Another day, another chest infection.

You know, people always get annoyed with me for using the timer on the oven. It could be because I don’t hear it when it goes off….Well, if I didn’t use it, I would forget about the food altogether, and so would everyone else until the house began to fill with smoke. Maybe that’s the point. Maybe those who get annoyed with me realize that and not only are they annoyed at the buzzer, but at the fact that I need it in the first place, because they think, “who could forget about food ten minutes after sticking it in the oven?” Who knows.

The Internet is being particularly bothersome right now. Maybe it’s just my computer or my connection, but nonetheless, it is quite annoying. At the doctor’s office today, their computers were down and they didn’t know what to do with themselves. We have become so reliant on these things, it is a bit scary.

I am excited to say that I believe I have a clearer picture in my mind of the non profit association I want to create. It will be in Hammond, Indiana. It will be based on the concept of the Citizen’s Advice Bureau that they have here in the UK. Anyone can come in with any questions or concerns. If they need advice about benefits or how to go about adopting a child (that’s an example from a TV show) or how to register to vote or whatever. They just pop in. We have nothing like that in America. Or at least not in the part of America with which I am familiar.

I’m feeling a bit stagnant at the moment. Maybe I am just not meant for permanence. I mean, I am here volunteering to learn. To learn more about the needs and what resources there are to meet them. I’ve learned a lot here. I now feel confident in my job. Suddenly, I want to move on.

No comments: