Friday, November 07, 2003

Blogging

November 7, 2003 - 12:33 a.m.
I have been reading some other blogs and I hate to say, but they all seem like angry people. I mean, I know I winge and moan a lot on my site, but I don't think I ever come across as hateful, do I? When I do complain, it's not hateful towards other people, is it? It's usually about mundane things or my clumsiness or PMS or something. I don't know. I really hope that I am not as bitter as some of the folks whose words I've been reading this evening. I want my site to be a happy site! ;-) Sure, I'll have a rant now and again, but honestly, I don't want to be seen as a downer who can't stand the outside world so much that she lives on the computer. I also don't want to seem like someone who looks down their nose at everyone else or a whiny teenager who believes that 'they just don't get it!' I guess that is the theme I've found in the blogs which I perused and I don't want to be perceived that way.
Oh, today is Danielle's birthday. I have no idea how to get hold of her these days. I've resorted to writing her Mom a letter at work (as it is the only address I know for her) to track her down. I haven't gotten around to mailing it yet. One step at a time (with a super large gap in between!;-)
Hope all is well with everyone! Lots of love, Sabrina :-)

5:49 p.m. - Dreamt about Taco Bell again last night. Previously, I had recurring dreams about high school, now Taco Bell! Am I just going to keep going through the phases of my life in dream land? I was making a steak burrito supreme and I vaguely remembered the ingredients. One of the teenagers from the family center was working there as well. She said something about the wrapper I was using, and I said, “I know it’s in the wrong wrapper, it’s not that big of a deal.”
I missed work today due to sickness. Yeah, I still had cramps, but it was more the not being able to stand up for extended periods of time and nausea that got me today. I wanted to take a shower, but I just couldn’t stand up that long. After many, many more hours of sleep, I was then able to stand up long enough to complete the shower task. As I looked at my grubby, dirty self in the mirror, I realized how much I tend to let myself go while I’m sick. I hadn’t even brushed my hair and it was after 4:00 p.m. It’s time like that when I begin to wonder; ‘am I the only grubby person in the world?’ ‘Am I the only one who doesn’t brush their teeth or hair until 4:00 p.m. when they’re sick? Or change out of their pajamas?’ I am really annoyed with my housemates. One or more of them were smoking in the kitchen. I saw Peter with a cigarette and said, “Could you please not smoke in common rooms?” He was on his way to receive the phone call I had just informed him of, and acted like he didn’t understand this English word, ‘common rooms’ and just repeated it as he walked by me to get the phone. In any event, now they are not in the house. I had gone over to the cottage to eat my sandwich b/c the smoky smell in the kitchen was about to make me keel over and then Suzanne came over to the cottage shocked to see me there. I see the lights on in the upstairs room, so I think they are hanging out over there now. They will be in big trouble if they think they can smoke in there, b/c that stuff is no joke at a children’s center. They’ve already been warned about something like that before. Ah well, tis not my problem now and I am quite happy to have the house to myself.
Okay, so I’ve decided that I am going to do the LLB degree. Yeah, it’ll be difficult to transfer to America, but it’s not impossible. Also, $5,000 versus $100,000 is pretty much the deciding factor. After talking to John Marshall Law School’s financial aid department and pretty much finding out all I can get is loans, well that did not make me a happy camper. I’m already close to the brink with my $25,000 in debt from my undergraduate degree. Sometimes I get close to hyperventilating just thinking about it. When I told Jason my brilliant plan just a half hour ago, he asked, “so where are you going to get the £3,000?” Talk about raining on my fricking parade. Anyhow, I have a plan for that, too. Working in New Zealand. Yeah, I know, sounds a bit crazy, but I’ve wanted to do that anyways, and this guy Philip told me about how he actually was able to save money whilst he was working there due to the low cost of living. I can get a one year work permit while I am under 30 years of age. I called and ordered the work permit information and will research it more, of course, but that is the plan I’ve concocted today. I often hate telling people my plans, b/c they change so often as I find out more and then I worry that people perceive me as fickle. I just say that the first idea is just that, an idea, and I build on that, not abandon it. Hmph. So there.
Well, I am going to do a bit of research on working in New Zealand. Hope all is well with everyone. Lots of love, Sabrina ;-)

New! I am trying out a blog site and seeing if it is easier to do my daily journal on there, and keeping this site for photos and other wonderful bits and pieces of my life. So far, I've just done a short review of 2003 and how it affected me. (hey, that rhymes!) Anyhow, check it out, if you like!


This is pasted in from my old geocities site. The blog mentioned above is this one. 

No comments: