Sunday, November 23, 2003

I'm falling in love. I know, I know, it's all happening so quickly and maybe I'm moving too fast, but you know what? 1.) I don't care and 2.) I can't help it. Ronan was here this weekend and we had an absolutely great time together. We went to Castlecourt shopping centre here in Belfast and I was over the moon. It was just like a proper American shopping mall, with all the hustle and bustle to go with it. After (earlier) telling me that he didn't like to go shopping, he happily went around with me to various shops in the mall, proclaiming that a.) he liked shopping with ME and b.) I went to interesting shops. Well, okay, it is early on in the relationship, so he could be humoring me, but in my defense, I did not take him to clothing shops where all he could do was stand there looking bored.

Before that, though, we went to Maggie May's on the Botanic to have breakfast. I, again, was happy to partake in American fare that I've missed: french toast with maple syrup. Yummy to my tummy. Before that, we spent about an hour driving around Belfast looking for a place to eat. Thankfully, there was a very helpful woman at the Shell gas station who seemed to know Belfast very well and strongly recommended Maggie May's for breakfast fare and gave us turn by turn directions. Lovely.

Okay, so I'm going on and on, but I just have to say that he brought me flowers and a bear in addition to a SIM card for my phone. Now, I have not received flowers from a man since I was in high school. Yeah, I know, that's pretty bad, but I digress. We also took our photo in one of those photo booths at the mall, which was really cute and fun. Those booths are a little bit of privacy in an otherwise crowded place...

Ah yes, it has been a good weekend. I caught up on my sleep after he left yesterday evening and can now do the mundane tasks of laundry and dishes.

Maybe I'll type more later, but I've hogged the computer enough for the time being, so I'm away. Ta ta. :-)

No comments: