Wednesday, November 26, 2003

I want to go back to Chicago and work as a District Manager for Deb Shops. I love the children here, I really do, but I am feeling less and less challenged each day. Perhaps challenged is the wrong word. Like I’ve said, I came here to learn to gather information and experience to help me in founding a non profit organization. I’ve learned. I’ve learned a lot. Now I want to learn something new.

Ronan says I would be no fun at a Christmas party. He says I’m too serious and too “in charge”. I guess it’s a good thing he’s going to be away at Christmas…

As for me, I will probably be here in Northern Ireland for Christmas. The fare to go home (and back) is $437.50. Not exactly the $200 I told my mom it would be. Oh well. Tomorrow’s Thanksgiving, but it doesn’t matter around these parts. Most people have never heard of it. Or if they have, they don’t care much about it. It is a strictly American holiday. Trying to soak up some Thanksgiving cheer, I phoned my mom today and asked, “so are you all ready for Thanksgiving?” She replied with an unenthusiastic, “well, I guess; I got a turkey.” Ahh, the holidays.

No comments: