Sunday, March 23, 2014

Premonition

Friday morning I woke up and posted this. 


Friday night, this happened.


My friend is okay, physically. She has bruises and other superficial wounds. I am in shock of it all. I know him, too, as I have been over to their house about 5 out of 7 days in any given week. I did not think he was capable of something like this. He had us fooled. But there were definitely red flags. Red flags she regrets overlooking now.

He is in jail and hopefully will stay there for a long time. I don't know that jail is where he will get help he needs, but he needs to be kept away from society for his safety and everyone else's. No excuses. That's how these things happen, when we make excuses for the abuser. Of course someone who does something like this is mentally ill. Most people in jail are mentally ill. This isn't about the effectiveness of the criminal justice system, it's about keeping you, your family and your friends safe.

No comments: