Sunday, June 27, 2004

I indulged in a little retail therapy today. Damage about £20, but I'll get about £5 reimbursed and really I kind of needed at least some of the stuff...

Now that I have money, I am determined to get my hair cut this week. It is my last week here in Manchester. I sat near the fountain in Piccadilly Gardens today and took some pictures. Oh, I also had Burger King for the first time in at least six months. The cashier didn't charge me for my whopper no meat, so that was cool.

Right, so back to my hair. Last time I had it cut, I donated it to Locks of Love, which is based in the US. I am looking online now for some place to donate it in the UK, but nothing is coming up. On the Cancer Research UK site, it tells about where you can sell your hair... Hmm....

I bought some temporary hair colour during my retail therapy today. I think I'll wait until I get it cut to do it, though, b/c with all the hair I have now, I would probably need two bottles!

I bought some M&Ms today, which is super cool, b/c you don't often come across them over on this side of the ocean - only the peanut flavour. However, I am sad to report, that I think I may not be able to eat chocolate anymore. I thought it was only milk I couldn't take, but as I often drink milk with chocolate, I tried chocolate without the milk and I still got sick :-( What will this mean for my future? Will I be able to carry on? Umm, yeah, I think I'll somehow find the strength to go forth, mmhmm.

My cousin, Mary, got married last night. Congratulations! My Mom flew to Tennessee for the ceremony. I spoke to her on the phone after she arrived and it made me want to be there so bad! I haven't been to Tennessee in awhile.

So, I am going to spend two weeks in nearby Warrington where I will train at the Childrens Peace Centre learning how to deliver anti-bullying workshopsto 11 year olds. I will then deliver the workshops to over 1000 young people. I am excited about the training, but a bit nervous. I can't believe it is already time to move again. I feel like I am always moving, but that's probably because I always am! After the two weeks there, I am off to Ballycastle, Northern Ireland to volunteer with Corrymeela Community. I don't know how long I will be there, but for now it is planned for until the end of August. I did get into University of Ulster for the MA in Peace and Conflict Studies, but I don't know how I am going to fund it. We shall see what the next day holds for us all, I suppose.

No comments: