Wednesday, January 07, 2004

I can't believe it's already time to go back. I will be leaving my parents' house and America, for that matter in just a couple of days. I'm getting sad b/c my Mom is getting sad and that makes me feel guilty for leaving. I'll miss the puppy loads. I guess I'm just a little nervous, too, since I have no idea where my next project will be - not even the country to which I'll be moving. There are also some things I wanted to accomplish during my time here which I wasn't able to do; - Go to the dentist, donate my stuff, visit certain people, etc. I did go with Angie today to get measured for the bridesmaid dress, so that's a big obligation I managed to fulfill. We went out to lunch at Applebees, and it was oh so yummy. I miss the sit down restaurant atmosphere when I'm away from America.

Last night I started questioning what it is I want to do in life and where it is that I'm going. I've come across setbacks in setting up my non profit organization here in Hammond, and then I started remembering why it was I hadn't done direct services before. I felt I could make a bigger impact by working in policy and advocacy. This reminded me that that's why I want to go to law school, etc. etc. I guess I just have to step back every now and again and refocus. I do want to law school, and I had decided to do that in the UK b/c of finances. I need to find out more details.

Ronan and I began talking again while he was here in America. He is dating someone back in Derry, though, and I haven't really spoken to him since he got back. He said he was going to end things with her and we are supposed to give our relationship another go. I guess I'm a bit apprehensive about that as well, b/c I feel like we still have the same issues we had before and I wonder if we'll both be patient enough this time to work through them. The fact that I may be moving to a different country, however close it may be, may also throw a wrench into our plans.

I guess there are just a lot of variables that I am going to face upon my return and when they're all put together, it seems like a large mountain to climb. There's a whole lot of positive, but there's a struggle to get there.

No comments: