Thursday, January 22, 2004

Dude - not going well. I'm in Edinburgh. I got in a car accident. I went to the hospital. I'm leaving Edinburgh tomorrow.

First, I couldn't get on the plane b/c I had too much luggage. I was flying easyjet which is like a bargain basement airline and they only allow like 5 ounces of luggage or something and there were no more flights to Edinburgh that day, so I had to reschedule for the next day. This left me having lug all my luggage across Belfast again and leave some of it behind.

So when I finally did get there, I get into a car accident on the way from the airport to the house in Edinburgh. A lane change gone wrong ended up with the cars colliding on my side. The other car was a big ol' SUV. Ah well. I went to 'Accident and Emergency' and they said I had whiplash and seatbelt injuries and general soft tissue bruising, which is all par for the course in an accident like this one - so basically, I was fine.

Right, well I'm at an Internet cafe b/c I had to book a flight, which is the next part of my story. I am flying to Manchester tomorrow regarding another volunteer opportunity and fingers crossed that things work out better there! The main stress factor in all this is that I now have £6 to my name and well, you can't get a whole hell of a lot for £6.

Anyhow, my time is running low here at the ol' Internet place, but that's how things are going. I know that I'm lucky to even be able to have this experience at all, and I am merely annoyed if nothing else. I may be going home next week depending on how things go in Manchester, but that's okay, b/c I miss Licorice!

No comments: