Sunday, January 11, 2004

Happy Birthday, Adam!

Today is my youngest brother's 22nd birthday.

Did I mention that I dyed my hair red? Yeah, I know my hair is red, but I dyed it like bright red. I was getting comments that I looked more brunette and some even accused of not being a redhead at all. Anyhow, I like the new color; it spices things up a bit.

Now that I am less jet lagged and delirious, I can talk about the journey back over the Atlantic. Where to begin? Well, I had the opportunity to assist a woman who passed out on the plane. This did involve exposing my bra to the people in my cabin, but you don't really care when it is an emergency. I got to see London Gatwick airport, which will hopefully be the last time I see London Gatwick airport. I actually had nightmares about it when I got back to Belfast. I woke up in my sleep screaming "they didn't even have people movers!" Sad, but true. I also started crying while in line at McDonald's waiting for a Happy Meal. It had nothing to do with the Happy Meal, though it did remind me of that scene in "Big Daddy" when Adam Sandler yells, "Can somebody get this kid a Happy Meal?!" Usually, by the time I get to London, I am so tired anyways, and this trip was just more draining than usual, that my emotions got the better of me.

Let's see, what else? Oh I got a movie star style coat that is oh-so-fab. I have got to get a big pair of dark sunglasses so I can look like I'm 'incognito'. ;-)

The weather is so beautiful here in Belfast. My goodness Chicago was cold. I mean, it's winter weather here, but I don't feel like I am going to get frostbite while walking out to the car, as I did at home.

Well, now that I am feeling new and refreshed, I suppose I should start unpacking. Hope all is well with everyone.

Lots of love,
Sabrina ;-)

-------------------------------------------------------------

I have never been so insulted in all my life
I could swallow the seas to wash down all this pride
First, you run like a fool just to be at my side
Now you run like a fool but you just run to hide
and I can't abide

"Sleep to dream" - Fiona Apple

No comments: