Saturday, June 02, 2007

Sign of the times

So, I'm here at the university's digital learning place converting one of our family's home movies from VHS to DVD.  It is a real time station, so my video is playing here in this lab while it is being recorded to DVD.  Luckily, there aren't a lot of people in here and we can have the sound down w/o it affecting the recording.  But anyhoo, it is hilarious seeing this, even though I did get a teary eye or two as well.  My cousins that I just saw a few weeks ago or on here as infants and children.  Less obvious things, like the trees we used to have in our back yard and the neighbors former dog, also brought a wave of nostalgia.  Oh wait, now THIS is funny.  I just looked over and now its playing our "Saturday Night Live" skits we taped at our cousins house.  Adam did his church lady impersonation - ha, he's doing the skip dance right now!  Oh now its me being Shaneequa, a recurring character in the 90s whose tag line was, "I will CUT you"   Wow I did the snaps and the head swivel and everything.  Good times.  Oh no, library closes in half an hour!  I don't think I'll be able to get it all by then.  Guess I'll be back tomorrow....

Pasted in from myspace blog 3/23/14. Update: the character's name is really Zoraida. Shaneequa was another character the actress played on SNL. I tried to find a video, but it's not available in my country.

No comments: