Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The funeral home has agreed to let us bury Michael and make payments. We are going tomorrow at noon to make the arrangements and the parents will sign a release to move the body from the coroner's to the funeral home. It is likely that there will be a service the day after tomorrow.

Today I went to Mike's apartment w/his brother and sister in law. Of course, I broke down and leaned against the kitchen counter to stop me from falling to my knees. I got it out early, though, and we worked a bit on packing up his stuff. Going back tomorrow.

I got a framed cross with the Lord's Prayer that I had bought for him as a gift. It was hanging on his wall. The sister in law found a picture of me and Mike and gave it to me. His brother had to tell her it was me, though, b/c she didn't recognize me from the photo! I'm so glad she found it.

Mike was always so cute! He is the love of my life and I'm so happy that we were able to reconnect after all those years to have these last two and half years in each other's lives. I have never, ever, found a man I loved more than him or that I felt was more handsome than him. He was perfect to me and I'm so crushed that he's gone. He was my best friend and the one who knew me all thru my life and knew me better than I knew myself. He knew my thoughts before I could think them and he would set me straight when I would get down. I will miss him more than I can imagine.

No comments: