Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Birthday Blues

I always get depressed around my birthday, I think. The night before, I usually do a sort of "inventory" of the past year and assess what has happened and what I would like for the next year. None of this is ever material assets, I should note. Well, before I could even get into my self reflective mode, I was faced with the realization that Jason has been lying to me for a very long time. I posted the email I received in the entry below. He admitted it to me and said he was sorry to lose me as a friend due to his own stupidity. (There are misplaced modifiers all over that last sentence, but hopefully you get the picture.

Well, not only did I read her words, but I saw photos as well. Photos of him with her; photos of him with her daughter. Photos of him in her house, in America, where he said he had never been. Photos with the woman he slept with, though he told me he hadn't slept with anyone. Photos with the family he swore he wanted, while he told me he could never settle down. Photos of a man who looked very much like a man I used to know, but realize now I never did.

No comments: