Thursday, April 17, 2014

Being an adult is exhausting

They are filling up the pool in my apartment complex. Yay! Never mind that it just snowed two days ago, I am fricking excited. I love playing in the pool. I didn’t get to play much this last summer because I moved in not long before Labor Day and I worked so much and had class. This summer I want to be different. I want to get my vitamin D from the sun instead of a pill. I want to relax floating in chlorine rather than Epsom salt. I don’t want to work, I want to play.

I have been back to my tired ways lately and I suspected the sleep machine might have something to do with it. I had woken myself up snoring even while wearing the mask. This was new. I tried different sizes of masks, adjusting it different ways, and still daytime fatigue was very much there. I called my sleep dr to ask for a sleep test. I have to see her first, which isn’t until next week. I pressed further asking what I could do in the meantime because it was clear my apnea was not under control. The assistant suggested calling the medical supply company.

Today I call the medical supply company. I finally get hold of a real person who says another real person will call me back. I talk to this person about ten minutes and she finally tells me that according to their records from my machine (data goes in via a modem) everything looks fine. She keeps repeating this and I keep pushing back.  Finally, I ask what the pressure is and she says 12. I said I thought it was supposed to be 11-14 adjusting? She double checks (annoyed) and sees that my prescription says my pressure should be 14. Somehow my machine got set to 12. She quickly apologizes saying she doesn’t know how that happened, but it got changed via the modem. It will be fixed by midnight tonight.

If I wouldn’t have pressed my sleep dr’s assistant for what to do, I wouldn’t have been told to call the medical supply company. If I wouldn’t have pressed the company for my pressure, I wouldn’t have gotten it fixed. I almost didn’t even get to talk to my sleep dr’s assistant because the front desk transferred me to the business office because they had my bill as unpaid. For some reason, they said insurance said I wasn’t covered and blah blah blah, after I INSISTED that I was covered and they finally agreed to double check, they saw that I was and I got the privilege of scheduling an appointment. Mind you, this was talking to various people over two days.

It’s exhausting to type, much less go through day in and day out. That’s why I can’t wait to relax pool side. Preferably with a frozen cocktail in my hand served to me by a hot cabana boy.
But just the pool is fine, too.


No comments: