Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Take a load off

Now that is some load off my shoulders. Not just my shoulders, but my mind, heart and body - in the form of unloading a couple hundred pounds of Mike. I told him that I don't think we should be friends anymore, and his reply was right on cue, as if to assure me that I had made the right decision. He cussed me out, called me names, and told me that it was a horrible decision. The funniest part, though, is that I unwittingly recorded the first three minutes of the discussion. I have two cell phones (explain later) and I used one to call the other so I could find it. Well, apparently the one I used to call was still on and sent me a voice mail to the other phone with my side of the conversation. It was a bit surreal at first, but as I listened to it, I thought it was hilarious. The most telling bit was how little I talked. You hear me say, "Mike, it's Sabrina. Are you in the middle of something?" And then a good 60 second pause while he chatters away. Sixty seconds may not seem like a long time, but look a clock and watch the second hand go all the way around and imagine sitting on the phone silent and you can see how long it is! And this is before I said anything! This is before the ranting and raving, this is his everyday!

Anyhow, he finally hung up on me and then called a few minutes later to make sure I was sure, and I was and that was that. And no, I haven't talked to him since.

Frankly, why does he even care? He has more than a full life going on, a nineteen year old girlfriend, an ex-wife who wants her stuff back, and the NBA finals are on. And he also was quick to point out how MUCH he helped me by listening to ALL my problems and offering advice and how put out he was by it. Hey babe, you're free!

So am I.

No comments: