Saturday, March 06, 2004

Saturday, March 06, 2004
Sorry about the duplicate posts below. Needless to say, I was having a bit of difficulty with my blog at the time!

So much has been going on lately and so much is happening in the next few weeks as well. My brain can't seem to stop thinking about it all which is why I am here in the office on a Saturday night. Sometimes the only way to get my brain to stop is to do the things it is thinking about. I did a bit of work and now for some 'me' time.

I met a new friend this week. Sue had given me his email address b/c he works with the Young Quakers. Young being 18 - 35. Anyhow, his name is Hugo and we met up on Thursday. I was late, as usual, but was 6 minutes shy of being a full half hour late. What can I say, I'm not the most punctual person as it is, and I got ridiculously lost. Somehow I know point A and I know point B but I don't know how to get from one to the other. It's a bit annoying.

We went to Starbuck's where I had the dangerously addictive mocha frappuccino, but, surprisingly, was able to pace myself with it. Way to go, me! We talked for a couple of hours then he walked me to my bus stop (I probably would've got lost if he didn't!) and even waited over a half an hour with me until my bus turned up. So now I have a friend! Yippee!

The researcher for my company, Jude, has also become more of a friend lately. She is about my age and we are at about the same stage of life (she's doing her PhD) and we have a good laugh. Now that we know mutual people, we can even gossip! Woohoo! See, you can't do that with your boss, no matter how nice they are!

The finale of Back to Reality was last night. I was glued to the television and even voted for the first time! There were three people left and they had a vote for third place. So whoever got the least amount of votes left. I voted for both Maureen and James. My votes went along with everyone else's b/c Craig was the third place person. They then open the lines again and you vote for the winner. I couldn't bear to vote for that one b/c I couldn't decide between Maureen and James! In the end, James won and everyone had a good time. I was a bit lost tonight, when I realized that it would be on telly at 8:00 p.m. and began to wonder what I will do my evenings now! Good thing I made a couple of friends!

Jason is coming to visit me this coming weekend. He is flying in from Belfast on Friday morning. I'm starting to get really excited. I talk to him all the time now and I don't feel like we're even living in different countries. Alas, we are, so I will have to soak up all the Jason I can handle this weekend...

No comments: