Thursday, March 11, 2004

I just read about that hockey incident... that is horrible. Saying that seems a bit weird though, with the events in Madrid today, though. However, it just seems so uncalled for. This is from CNN.com

"Bertuzzi slugged Moore in the side of the head late in Monday night's 9-2 victory by the Avalanche. He hit Moore from behind and drove his head into the ice. Moore landed face-first -- with the 245-pound Bertuzzi on top of him -- and lay in a pool of blood for several minutes before he was removed on a stretcher."

Whoa. And kids watch this. I don't know, it just disturbs me. You can read the whole story on
Sports Illustrated/CNN.com

The injured party, though he has a broken neck, is expected to recover.

I visited the office of the Alternatives to Violence project here in Manchester. I am hoping to go on their training and might possibly arrange training for on site here at the housing estate. Just thinking of Madrid, the hockey incident, Belfast, what goes on on this estate and everything, it is all linked to violence. It is all violence. The source of this violence seems to come from thinking that someone is going to take something that is yours. It comes from this feeling within...a lack of reciprocity almost... I know I don't have the answers, but I'll be damned if I'm just going to accept it as is.

No comments: