Sunday, September 06, 2015

When he no longer loves you

Came across this video that was made from the article below it. "Watching Your Ex Fall in Love with Someone Else on Social Media"

https://www.facebook.com/SOML/videos/vb.571035253040893/657607704383647/?type=2&theater

http://www.buzzfeed.com/kirstenking/watching-your-ex-fall-in-love-with-someone-else#.cwNMo7bPp


Well, in my case, it went as far as seeing your ex have a baby with someone else.

Even as he was telling you that he would be your "back up plan" and father your child if you didn't find "the one" before your baby making days were over, he already had a bun baking in someone else's oven.

This shatters you; not only because he was deceitful, but also because your fantasy of "in a few years" or "sometime in the future" is gone. Gone into the eyes of a beautiful baby that is not yours.

Now you know you'll never have his child. You know there is no future for you, too. That dream you had about him eventually moving to America when his first child turned 18 (which was now just a few years away); the fantasy clocks starts over now... 18 more years? No, you know that's ludicrous. But it's always been ludicrous.

And like the writer of the article, I too, felt like I was REALLY the love in his life, and she was just the back up plan. If only we lived closer. I told myself, that like Carrie in "Sex and the City", I was the "complicated" one and she was the "convenient" one.

"I couldn’t digest that he could fall in love with someone else while I still loved him. At that point, I didn’t understand love could be one-sided like that. I couldn’t imagine he told her the things he told me, or looked at her the same way.
In my deluded state, I actually felt sorry for her. This poor girl’s boyfriend is in love with his ex, I thought. It’s funny how easy it is to believe the unbelievable when it hurts less.
I pictured him lying in bed, staring at the ceiling, wishing the girl lying next to him was me. It was easier to imagine he was sleeplessly staring at walls, searching for me in his bed, than to believe the truth: He wasn’t thinking of me at all."

No comments: