Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Dangerous Minds

I got the teaching job!  Now my brothers are calling me "teach" and asking if it is going to be like the movie, Dangerous Minds.

I will be teaching at a high need school in the inner city. Training starts in June. There is still a ton more I need to do before training, like testing and what not. I will also be taking classes at night for my master's degree, which is part of the program. I am super excited, overwhelmed and a little nervous.

If I received a certain score on my high school SATs, I would be exempt from certain tests. Considering it has been seventeen years since then, I went and got a copy of the results and I am just shy of the score needed. D'oh. The tests cost over $100, which is not an amount of  money I have handy right now. You could apply for waivers, but you had to apply before February. I didn't get accepted into the program until March. D'oh.
Amazing some times how seemingly little things can just throw a wrench in your plans. Just have to keep moving forward. And in the mean time, be excited about getting into this fellowship program, woo!

No comments: