Thursday, April 11, 2013

Concert

I had an amazing time Monday night with Jenn at a concert in Chicago. Even though it was a 'school night' for her, she met me there and we had a blast. It's so nice to actually do something fun for a change! It's like I don't even know what I actually enjoy doing anymore. I know I like doing things with my niece. The kid's stuff like going to the park or whatever. But what do I personally like to do? No idea. I don't even know what brings me joy.

Well, I can say that Monday was fricking awesome! At the end, I just looked at Jenn, and said, "Holy shit! That was awesome!" That is a feeling I haven't had in a looooooong time.

I was a little scared to go because I had to drive my hooptie thirty miles or so to the venue. I also barely had enough money to pay for the night. But once Jenn agreed to go, it was on like Donkey Kong.

It was an intimate setting. A small club. Everyone was so enthusiastic and into the music. It was great. Beforehand, I was up front waiting for Jenn and I asked the bartender a few questions and I thought for sure he could tell I was homebody from a mile away. But it dawned on me that perhaps the only person who thought that was me. When Jenn came in, she had no more knowledge into anything than I did. Why did I think I was so ignorant? It is all in my head. I am in my head. Too much. Too often. Too negatively.

Later in the night, though, "I don't want to think about it, I just want to get down!"




No comments: