Sunday, July 08, 2012

Save Lennox

My email to Save Lennox;

To Whom it May Concern;

I had the pleasure of living in Belfast whilst a volunteer at Quaker
Cottage on Black Mountain. As I'm sure you are aware, Quaker Cottage is a cross community family center, working with both Catholic and Protestant families to bridge the gap between the two sides while helping the individuals and families get back on their feet. While working with the Quakers I learned a lot about the troubles Northern Ireland has faced and the long road back it is still facing.

I have always carried great memories of Belfast and even planned on
going to graduate school there. Then I heard about Lennox. The dog
slated to be killed on Monday. I find it so hard to believe that the
city I came to love would do something so cruel. From what I
understand, there are now offers to take Lennox out of Northern
Ireland thereby allowing the dog to live outside of the country that
deems him undesirable. I urge you to please accept these offers. Not
just for this one dog or this one family, but for the good of Belfast
and for Northern Ireland. The image of Northern Ireland is still being
repaired after "the troubles" and now people are boycotting it due to
this issue. This is not good for the country or its economic recovery.
I've seen first hand the views people have about Northern Ireland,
especially in the USA, and just as it was starting to wane, this
negative attention has brought it all back.

I beg of you, continue working towards the peace and stability you
have come so far towards. Save Lennox's life.

Thank you for your time,
Sabrina

http://www.change.org/petitions/belfast-city-council-let-lennox-go-home-to-his-family-or-let-him-come-live-in-the-united-states




No comments: