Saturday, October 08, 2005

Wake me up when September ends

Oh wait, it did! And it turned cold, like overnight. I was hot and had the a/c on in my car as high it would go, then I woke up and I needed to turn the heat on. Insanity. Yep, that's why Chicago is the second city, b/c there are only two seasons! (That was on some radio commercial a few years ago).

I was away all week travelling for work. Which means I am back to work. Those powers of deduction you have there are something else, eh, kid?

I'm still volunteering on Saturdays for the Humane Society. Today was my first time volunteering after a full week of work, so I took a long nap afterwards. And I mean, like four or five hours long! We were so busy at the shop today, which is a good thing, but there were a few crabby people which rubbed me the wrong way! Oh well, c'est la vie. It's amazing, though, how like two crabby people stay in your mind, versus the hundred nice people. How twisted.

Next weekend is my high school class reunion. I'm organizing it by myself and again, a few negative comments and I felt like throwing in the towel. The event is also going to be a toiletry drive for a local women's shelter, and I received an email from an angry classmate who stated that while she didn't have a problem with giving things away to help people, in general, she was upset that it was at our reunion. Oh well, c'est la vie.

No comments: