Saturday, October 08, 2005

Nun follow up

I was thinking about the story I wrote about in a previous post, where the movie star became a nun. I just re-read it, and it seems a bit harsh that I said it might not have been her calling. I was just thinking again, about how things might have been had she not entered the order. My imagination portrays an image that would have one wishing things would have turned out differently.

On the TV show, Medium, there was an episode about an old TV show called "I Married a Mind Reader" (a fictitious show, btw). Anyhow, the stars are married both on screen and off. However, the husband begins having an affair with the wife's personal assistant, who ends up pregnant. The wife finds out, but doesn't let on that she knows. She fears her career will end up damaged, as she is getting older, and Hollywood is not kind to older women, and the show would not be able to survive if the public knew they were separated in real life. In the meantime, the wife finds out she is dying of lymphomic cancer. She decides to take her career legacy and fate in her hands and shoots herself, making it look like she was murdered by her assistant. The husband will not let his pregnant lover go to jail, so takes the rap for her and spends his life in prison. He makes the mother of his child promise to never speak of what happened there.

Enter the Medium. Forty years later, the wife asks the medium to set the record straight so that her husband can be free and he can meet his son. The assistant had just passed away. The husband had never seen his son, nor did his son know who his father was. The Medium gets everything in order and the husband is reunited with his son and released from prison. Now the souls of the wife and the assistant are at peace.

I can imagine a similar situation may have lay ahead for the movie star mentioned in my previous post and God may have pointed her in different direction. Perhaps the love she had with the man who was once her fiancee was the love that this man needed, but had life taken turns, they may have lost that love.

God only knows, and in fact, I'm sure he does, which is why, in contrast with my previous post, I don't question the decision.

Here's a link I just found about becoming a nun in an order here in the Midwest.

http://www.poorclares.org/discern.html

No comments: