Thursday, January 20, 2005

It’s snowing outside…again. I don’t think I was built for these Chicago winters. I think I need to go back to my native (by ancestry) Ireland where snow is more like a major event and less like a daily occurrence. Even Licorice didn’t want to go outside!

I have just accepted a position as Director of a local day care center. I will be starting next week. I am excited but nervous. I am taking the next few days to get my personal affairs in order before I start this full time job with a load of responsibility. I may even go to Northern Ireland for a visit. We shall see.

I am feeling a bit overwhelmed by things, though. I think, though, it's more the idea of things rather than the actual things themselves. Anticipation is always the worst. When I actually think of my job responsibilities, they are nothing that I haven't done before. I mean, I ran a store when I was 19, I can do this now, right? I really know that I can, or else I wouldn't have accepted the position, I just think it's the commitment I'm afraid of. I won't be able to sleep in when I want or fly off to places or have bad days in general. Well, I guess I can have bad days, but not often and I can't let it affect my work. I can no longer just hide underneath the covers when the world seems too overwhelming.

No comments: