Sunday, February 22, 2004

I had a lovely Sunday. I slept as late as I wanted, which turned out to be not too late. I bought a sleazy newspaper b/c it had a free CD in it. I read the sleazy newspaper and did the crossword puzzle - not all of it, I'm not a genius! I even cleaned up a bit and did some laundry. Yes, a good Sunday indeed.

I'm still a bit lonely here. I live by myself in a house and I don't really have any friends yet. I have my friends from Northern Ireland who I still text message and have them phone me (I never have credit on my phone, I am broke as a joke), but having friends here would help. I haven't really done a lot to get these friends just yet, I've been putting all my brain energy into work. However, now things are getting started and I can use some of that brain power to make friends. Yippee!

Oh and the day after I fell down the stairs (see below) I had to go to the Emergency Room (aka Accident & Emergency - A&E - you know, like the cable channel ;-) I couldn't afford a stupid cab and had to take the bus which does not go near the door of the hospital so I walked on what turned out to be a sprained ankle. I actually cried a lot b/c I can't take pain at all. Oh, but I got a bandage thingee and felt sorry for myself for awhile, and it slowly healed. I can't seem to come to grips with how clumsy I am. I don't remember always being clumsy. Maybe this is something that started in adulthood. What do you think, Mom?

No comments: