Saturday, April 14, 2018

I've got spurs that jingle jangle jingle

I dropped my Constitutional Law book on the top of my foot (actually it flew out of my car's hatchback). So after turning multiple shades of purple and green, I decided to go to urgent care to get it checked out. They did x rays and nothing was broken, hurrah. However, the Dr pointed out a "nasty bone spur" on the bottom of my foot along with one forming at the heel. Huh? I never knew about this before. He said that's it's usually due to low Vitamin D. Yep, I have that. No one told me that this could happen though. One doctor even minimized the presence of low Vitamin D by saying that 9 out of 10 people that get tested for it, have it. Okay... I told my doctor here in Montgomery about the D issue and he didn't even test me for it. I didn't fight for it because I already had to fight him to get my flu shot so I chose my battles. Had I know this spur awaited me, I would have chosen that battle, too!

Don't let doctors minimize your ailments. As much as I advocate for that, I let it happen to me with this D issue. I let it happen because I thought Vitamin D just made you tired. And I was tired for a lot of reasons, including, according to my doctors and my mother, for not eating right and exercising. So I figured if I did that, I'd cure my problem. Guess what exercise is not going to cure? This f**king bone spur!!!!! I can't believe I fell for the bullshit. Stay woke folks. Don't let anyone, including your doctor, fat shame you into complacency.

In the meantime, I've got this song stuck in my head.

No comments: