Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election Day

So did you get your vote on today? I did, but I can't say that it was well informed, or informed at all for that matter. Somehow we have gotten so detached from the process and people who represent us and make the rules that govern our lives. I guess that happens when everything is going pretty much alright. I guess I see, once again, how American privilege has led to ignorance becoming bliss.

I just got back from a long weekend at my parents' house. Was nice to spend time with the fam. While I really wanted to go to home for a visit, I had originally planned to spend a day with my old college boyfriend. However, the stress of the possible meeting was beginning to outweigh the potential benefits, so I decided to head north earlier than anticipated.

Well, it's late, I'm off. Have to walk to my car across the street in the parking garage. Why do parking garages always seem unreasonably creepy? I'm getting the heebee jeebies just thinking about it. Curse my computer addiction and my lack of one in my apartment ;-)

No comments: