Monday, May 30, 2005

I am writing this letter b/c I am sick and can't talk :-( I know, pity isn't it? Mmmhmm. Otherwise, I'd be on the phone! It's so funny, though, b/c despite the fact my mom has seen me go through each phase of this sickness and knew my throat was getting worse and worse, when I didn't talk today, she was perturbed. I pointed to my throat, but then she kept asking me questions and when I replied with a gesture (like shaking the head, shrugging shoulders) she didn't seem to believe that I really couldn't talk. That's how it was last time I lost my voice a few months ago. People think you just PREFER to not talk, not that it will send you into a coughing fit that come from the bowels of your soul. Oh well.
Today is Memorial Day here. It used to be called Decoration Day b/c the tradition was to go to the graves of soldiers and place flowers there. It is a weird contrast, though, b/c everyone so looks forward to Memorial Day b/c of the day off work, the barbecues and the unofficial begin to summer. Not exactly what the originators had in mind, I suppose.
Well, I guess I'll be off for now. My stomach is growling and I am dreading having to eat knowing what it will do to my throat. Icky icky.
Hope all is well

No comments: