Thursday, July 18, 2013

Fun with Blasphemy

Today I was driving through Indiana, and I was listening to country music. I don't normally listen to country music, but occasionally on my cross-Indiana drives, I like to, because it seems appropriate. Also, because I have my radio on scan and there are a lot of country music stations in Indiana.

My radio is scanning away and I quickly hit seek to go back to that previous station. Something was intriguing about that country song.

He wanted to have a beer with Jesus.

Of course he did.

This made me think of a story my Mom told me the other day of a tiff in a store. Two women were arguing over something their children did and one mother said to the other, "You need to get Jesus in your life!" When the arguing continued, the first mother reiterated the point with blasphemic emphasis, "I'm serious you need to fucking get Jesus in your god damned life!"

~ Scene. ~

And then I came across this gem at Payless Shoe Source (b/c I'm just classy like that).

Nothing says "Turn the other cheek" like cross brass knuckles.

Edited to add this video, which isn't blatantly blasphemous, but definitely hilarious.




*Disclaimer - I am Christian. Doesn't mean I can't appreciate irony. 

No comments: