Sunday, January 03, 2010

2010

Happy New Year! I can't believe it has been so long since I posted here. I've been myspacing and facebooking mostly, though. What I miss about this blog, though, is an anonymous audience. I did not blog a lot of things on my social network pages b/c I was afraid of how my friends and family might react. It is so much easier to air things out to an anonymous audience, just out into the abyss.

So, I am still working towards law school. I plan to take the LSAT in June of this year. Still have to study a lot and pay down my undergraduate loans. It's been five years since I first 'seriously' planned on law school, and it's about time I got a little bit more 'serious' about it.

I also think it is time for another trip. I have been in America for five years now and that is quite a long time for someone with my traveling heart. A few things have happened that make this more difficult as well, including having to use a cane now. I injured my knee a couple of months ago, and am still recovering. It's times like this when you wonder why you didn't do things before? When things were easier...when you didn't have such obstacles? Why didn't you jump at every opportunity?

Scrapbooking.... just popped into my head b/c Mom walked into the room and showed me a scrapbooking pin she got for me. Scrapbook stores in the area have been closing left and right. A couple of weeks ago, I went to the final of the final inventory closeout sale for the Scrapbook store near where Danielle used to live. When I started scrapbooking again after an unintended hiatus, I realized how long it had been when all of my pens and markers were dried up. This was after Mike's death, when life became complicated and hectic. Now, it seems, I do most of my 'scrapbooking' online; creating collages, blingees, etc. With this new batch of inventory, though, I hope that the scrapbooking bug bites once again and I can find some joy and solace in the craft.

There has been this commercial on TV asking, "What do you want to do before you die?" It's for some new MTV psuedo reality show. But I thought, "I have no idea". The only thing that really came to mind was going to law school. Now that I've had some more time to think, I can definitely list some places to which I would like to travel, like the Pyramids, Switzerland, Statue of Liberty.... I'd also like to learn sign language, speak French fluently.... What else? Find a cure for cancer? Well, I don't think that one is easy to fulfill. My life has been about survival for too long now. When this blog started, "Sabrina's Travels" was all about documenting all the great things I was seeing and experiencing in the world. Yes, I had a hard time after Mike's death, and I had obligations to fulfill, but I am free of that now and there is no reason for me to not live my life to the fullest. As said in that Chicken claymation movie, the only fences I face are those in my head. For some reason, those are always the hardest to break through.

1 comment:

Law School Podcaster said...

Re. your LSAT studying, you might find our podcast helpful.

www.lawschoolpodcaster.com