Saturday, September 30, 2006

Sharing a Bed

Sharing a bed: It's not all about sex.

News article

I remember in college I would get sick from Jonathan's waterbed. I swore that I was having seasickness and would sleep in the twin bed in the computer room. I told him he didn't have to come with, but he did, and the two of us smooshed together in there. This happened about a half dozen times before he decided to do a little experiment. He said it was impossible for me to get sea sick from a water bed and thought the whole thing was psychosomatic. I told him to shut up and get a real bed. (Not really - I used to be nice).

Anyhow, his experiment involved the two of us sleeping together in his waterbed - without having sex. Without the pressure of whether or not it was going to happen: without the emotions around it. Just us sleeping. I'll be darned if my sea sickness wasn't cured. At that time, sharing a bed meant sharing more. Now it's more about stealing the covers!

No comments: